[clug-talk] Does anyone know...

Gary Compagnon gary at MobilitySolutions.ca
Sun Jan 16 09:25:56 PST 2005

Hi Kevin,

Have you looked into www.ZoneEdit.com?

I've been using them for over 3 years and they are very solid and priced
reasonably.

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: clug-talk-bounces at clug.ca [mailto:clug-talk-bounces at clug.ca] On
Behalf Of Kevin Anderson
Sent: January 15, 2005 8:26 PM
To: pvdw at criticalcontrol.com; CLUG General
Subject: Re: [clug-talk] Does anyone know...

Nope.  All I'm after is a guesstimate on how much I could donate to help
cover
some broadband costs.  We are getting screwed for DNS hosting here in
Calgary
(~$150/yr), and so I'm looking to use xname.org.  They ask for a
donation for
corporate use, and I'm good with that.  With a dozen domain names
registered,
it only makes sense to give 'em the donation.  Even at $20/month (their
top
suggested donation), it's a good deal for everyone.

This just covers enough that it's worthwhile.

I know, i know...  Run it myself.

I'm just not confident that that's the smartest thing to do.  It's great
in
some cases, but not in all cases.  For example, we're in a joint venture
with
another company now.  This means we create a third company.  It would be

awkward to host the DNS for the third company on either of the two
corporate
DNS servers.  This means that it's truely independant, and I think we
need
that.

Kev.