[clug-talk] YAST Question...

Kevin Anderson maillist at digital-adrenaline.com
Tue Jan 11 21:33:03 PST 2005

So This Gentooer needs to use Suse for a bit.  And I'm a bit confused about how I should be doing something...

I need to create users for Samba.  I can create the users through
YAST, and they work for Linux logins, but they don't work for
Samba.  Does YAST offer a way to administrate users for Samba, or
should I use smbpasswd?  Ideally, I'd like to use YAST, but I
either can't figure out how, or it just doesn't support it.  I DID
use Yast to set up the server piece of Samba.  I'm just lost for
administrating the users.

Does anyone know if YAST offers this, or if I should just be using smbpasswd.

Thanks in advance.

Kev.