[clug-talk] Recycling Fees

kMajor at gov.mdrockyview.ab.ca kMajor at gov.mdrockyview.ab.ca
Tue Jan 11 16:24:42 PST 2005

Hey All;

I cannot help you with what the government is putting on the beginning of the life cycle
 = -)

But for those of you wanting to get rid of old equipment without having to pay a recycling fee at the end of its life cycle the City of Calgary has a one day E-Cycle Roundup.  It is usually held in May - so only a couple months away.  I have included the url for the info page.

http://www.calgary.ca/cweb/gateway/gateway.asp?GID=274&CID=201&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fcontent%2Ecalgary%2Eca%2FCCA%2FCity%2BLiving%2FThe%2BEnvironment%2FRecycling%2Band%2BComposting%2FEcycle%2BRoundup%2BEvent%2FE%2Dcycle%2BRoundup%2BEvent%2Ehtm

The FAQ page states that Calgary holds the record for the most e-waste collected in a one day recycling program in North America.  The City doesn't do a lot right but I am impressed with their proactive resourcefulness in the recycling field.

Cheers
Kari