[clug-talk] [OT] Sait

Giovanni Cuzzola giovannicuzzola at linuxmail.org
Thu Jan 6 07:51:56 PST 2005

Hi Kevin,

I took the diploma 2 years ago and they taught java.
I have never heard of Sait teaching Pascal, Fortran, Qbasic.
Are you sure he is not at Devry ? Sait does not have Comp Science.
I have already checked the course for the degree there, and none of those
courses are mentioned.

Also, thanks everyone to respond. I agree with most of you when you say
that it is better to learn on your own and course are worthless.
On the other hand, I think courses are very important if you work in
corporation in a big team. This is because computer courses usually
teach some standard to follow while working in a group.
I think if you learn a language on your own you become an "hacker" while
if you learn "well" in school you could become a good professional.
I know many people might disagree, but man I am here to criticize and being
criticize.

thanks,

Giovanni