[clug-talk] urpmi and config files?

Peter Pankonin webtmc at telusplanet.net
Mon Jan 3 13:26:19 PST 2005

On Monday 03 January 2005 05:52 pm, Martin Glazer wrote:
> Hey All,
> I haven't used Mandrake for quite a while and now I've been asked to help
> take care of a Mandrake 9.2 box.
> If I want to update all the packages, I can use urpmi --auto-select. This
> gives a whole list of packages to update. If I go ahead and do this, how
> does urpmi (or rpm for that matter) treat config files/directories?

If Mandrake needs to install an update with a new config file, it will save
the old config file and then open a window that lets you look at the old
config, the new config, and a diff version. You can then decide which version
you want to use.

Don't know about directories...

Peter Pankonin, digitalcrucible

There are 10 kinds of people in the world,