[clug-talk] OT - Job Post: Project Support
cameron.nikitiuk at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 7 11:03:52 PDT 2005
Sorry in advance for the length of this post!
I have been on contract for the last few months, but have recently accepted
a full-time opportunity and my position may soon become available. The
position is still a contract at this point but there is excellent potential
for it to develop into a full-time position in the near-future. It really
is a great place to work for the right candidate. The details are as
Title: Project Support
Organizational Type: Not-For-Profit Association
Environment: Windows XP, Exchange, Oracle, HP Printers, Laptops, Blackberry,
Multiple-Monitors, Java, VPN's, Bar-code/RFID Readers.
* To assist users with registration/verification issues on a web-based
* To assist users with submitting/viewing age verification information.
* To review/update topics in context-sensitive website "Help" system.
* To review/update in-house and end-user support documentation and website
* Act as an informal help desk for minor technical issues.
* To maintain/monitor "Support Inbox" containing user feedback, status
reports, error logs, system logs.
* To "scrub" log files and prepare accurate weekly statistical reports.
* To maintain data submission error log.
* To provide phone & e-mail support for users with little or no technical
knowledge in a timely manner.
* Assist with project development by testing new phases and submitting bug
The above are just some of the tasks I have done during my time here. While
they have been primarily administratively focused, as the position evolves,
there is potential to be involved in some of the more technical aspects of
the organization. This could potentially work into system/network
The ideal candidate should possess the following (if possible):
* Knowledge of the cattle industry and related issues
* Excellent communication skills (written/spoken/presentation)
* Excellent troubleshooting & problem-solving skills and the ability to
think on their feet
* Ability to communicate effectively to a non-technical user base.
* Intermediate to Advanced level experience with MS Office 2003 products
(Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
* Must maintain security/privacy/integrity of user base as well as registry
* They are somewhat open source friendly but are essentially a Microsoft
Please send your resumes directly to info at canadaid.ca. If you have any
questions about the position, please contact me off-list at
cameron.nikitiuk at shaw.ca.
***NOTE: Sorry for being a hardliner here but, please DO NOT use my name
without asking me first. If you choose to do so, I will not act as any sort
of reference for you and you will be on your own.
More information about the clug-talk