[clug-talk] MP3 Player on Suse?

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Tue Nov 30 23:27:21 PST 2004

My roommate picked up an MPIO DMK+ mp3 player today.  Now she want's to know
if it will work with the Suse workstation she uses (she couldn't think of
this BEFORE she bought it??).  I've done some looking and came across some
hints that it can work with Linux, and even tried to install the mpio library
and kmpio(?), but still cannot see the drive or get kmpio working properly.

I thought that maybe this is a case where the kernel just knows about the usb
device when it gets plugged in - but I'm not seeing any icons magically
appear, or any hint that anything has happened.  So it looks like I'll have
to mount the device manually - but I don't know which device it is...

The workstation has Suse 9.1 personal on it so should be using the 2.6 kernel.
Any tips?  If I can't make this work, then is it possible to get the Windows
software for it running under Wine?  If not, then she'll probably whine until
I put W2K on there... <grins>

Thanks in advance for any input.