[clug-talk] Microsoft to Sue linux users

kMajor at gov.mdrockyview.ab.ca kMajor at gov.mdrockyview.ab.ca
Tue Nov 30 08:52:46 PST 2004

Hey Shawn

First off I apologize - I snipped too much :)

I was responding to Niels comment "I have no idea how this nonsense made it to the list" in response to the creator of this thread.

I guess I was just trying remind Niels of what he had stated in the past ...

>Niels Voll
>Mon, 08 Nov 2004 17:22:58 -0800

>Sorry, but I respectfully disagree: Dialog does not suck.

>Open dialog is a good thing, especially in a community where "open" is generally a positive >thing.

I also wanted to bring forward the discussion of what should and should not be let through... what are the guidelines?  There are none as far as I know except for size (which Jarrod has responded to in another email) so why let anything through?  I guess that is for the moderator to decide but if he/she has no criteria - then how can that decision be made effectively and objectively.

I want to express here that I completely disagree with 'Tom' - however I am only able to express my opinion on his email because it was allowed through to the list.

These recent events should maybe open a discussion about the posting or not posting an unsubscribed/unauthorized mail to the list.

Just opening a dialogue :-) not sending barbs at anyone - and I agree no wrong doing... just seems that the guidelines of the mailing list need to be broadened to include what to do with what is awaiting the moderator

Cheers
Kari