[clug-talk] Email etiquette(?) Tone(?)

Erik Williamson erik at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Tue Nov 30 08:37:02 PST 2004

One thing I notice (this being at work) is that after a while, if
soneone is constantly sarcastic, mean, or what have you, I tend to read
all their emails like they're writing with that tone.  They may actually
be paying me a compliment, or asking for something nicely... but if
they've been "off" with me before, I continue to read it as such.

Another good reason to re-read what people send, I suppose!

e.