[clug-talk] Microsoft to Sue linux users

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Tue Nov 30 08:06:08 PST 2004

Kari, I think you missed the meaning of the messages.  There is no "censoring"
going on at all.  But the way the mailing list works, messages from
non-members will be put aside until a list administrator (or moderator for
lack of better words) can take a look at them and allow them through.

This is not censoring at all.  It's hardly even moderating of the list.  It's
simply an administrative setting that prevents spam from flooding the list.
Only email addresses that have signed up can post to the list.  Some of us
have multiple addresses and will occasionally post to the list from one that
is not signed up on the list.  These messages are not simply discarded but
set aside for review.

Jarrod's message was indicating that he had handled these messages the list
software had set aside, and one of Kevin's legitimate messages was in the
list.  Neils simply was making light of the issue and doing a quasi
comparison of Jarrod's role in this to that of a SlashDot moderator.

There is no wrong doing here...

My apologies if it's ME who is mis-reading the tone of your message. :)

Shawn