[clug-talk] Calgary ISP Comparison

Kin C Wong kwong at csa-pdk.com
Mon Nov 29 13:23:59 PST 2004

Personally we use Shaw at home and have done for the past 5-6 years without
incident.  They are however slow to respond when we stopped and restarted
the service.

For the office, we used Cadvision which were knowledgeable and great until
Telus bought them up.  We were with Telus for 1 year -- unfortunately their
tech support is lacking and do not own up to problems when the system goes
down.  We lost Internet access on ADSL for over 3 days without any response
or explanation nor apology.  When we moved offices, our paper work was lost
and they did not understand the old setup.  So with several months of
service already paid for, we switch to Shaw.

After a year with Shaw, we switched to Nucleus.  When the Shaw system was
upgraded, we had a noticeable degradation and for the same price, we could
have up to 8 static ips (you need to check with Nucleus -- I can't remember
the details) rather than the single static ip.

Regards,
Kin C Wong
VP Technology

PDK Control Consulting International Ltd
P.O. Box 22310 Bankers Hall
Calgary, Alberta, Canada   T2P 4J1
phone: 403-571-0999
fax: 403-571-0991