[clug-talk] Home partition doesn't mount automatically?

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Sun Nov 28 22:08:03 PST 2004

On Sunday 28 November 2004 22:44, s. keeling wrote:
> Incoming from Shawn:
> Try adding "auto" here ---------------------------------^       ?

Thanks, I'll try that out...

> > #/dev/fd0         /mnt/floppy     auto            noauto
> > 0 0
>
> Why is that commented out?  It's not automatically mounted.

Default setting from Gentoo install.  I don't mind though because I don't use
the floppy drive.

> How does /boot get mounted automatically when you have noauto there?

er, yep - I forgot - /boot is not mounted.  This is the default on a Gentoo
install, and I don't have need to change that...

Thanks for the input, I'll let you know how it goes...  though I don't want to
reboot my server at this point, so can't test it till the next reboot....