[clug-talk] Permissions for nfs share?

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Sun Nov 28 21:20:06 PST 2004

I have used nfs to share a directory on my server, and am able to mount it on
my workstation.  I can read the files/directories there, but I'm getting a
permssion error when I try to edit or create a file.

Here's the pertinent line out of my exports file:

/home/www/o2s   192.168.0.20(rw)

And the file permissions on that folder are set like so: drwxr-xr-x

Is this a simple case of adding the write permission for the group?  Or is
there something else I need to do (like maybe a single sign on setup)?

Thanks for any tips.