[clug-talk] IPCop question

Kevin Anderson maillist at digital-adrenaline.com
Wed Nov 24 10:17:56 PST 2004

From what you've described, I don't think it'll be relevant.  You should be
able to safely ignore that.  I'm running with 3 Red IP Addresses.  I'm just
aliasing them, and I THINK that's all you're after too.  Chances are the docs
are just old.  Nobody likes doing doc work...  :)

You could set it up and try a scheduled test of it though, to be sure.

If you do end up needing to do manual edits, PERSONALLY, I usually add them
to /etc/rc.d/rc.local, and I know that's the recommended way (It's copied
during backups, and upgrades).  And for routing, it shouldn't really matter
when they are added.  If you need to edit the firewall scripts themselves,
they should be in rc.d also (as I remember), and with them, ordering WILL
matter.

Kev.