[clug-talk] Article on Licensing

Niels Voll nvoll at voho.com
Tue Nov 23 11:44:10 PST 2004

Not sure if you noticed - I didn't make a case for or against the GPL or
BSD style licensing - I was just trying to say, that forking is not a
consequence of licensing.

Come to think of it, I think the whole argument GPL vs. BSD may be a bit
of a waste of energy. I think they both have their place (just like
closed source needs to stick around to a degree). Plurality is good !

Isn't it much more important to discuss for example the implications of
software patents rather than to have sibling squabbles between BSD and GPL?