[clug-talk] Sendmail Question

Niels Voll nvoll at voho.com
Fri Nov 19 23:12:20 PST 2004

Hi Tim,

the following should do the trick, if you are running a single email
domain on your sendmail server

I'm assuming you're comfortable with managing sendmail via the M4 file -
since it works differently than normal config files;

First of all ensure, that the root is not an "EXPOSED_USER", i.e. if you
have a line like
EXPOSED_USER(`root')dnl

make sure it is commented out, like for example
dnl EXPOSED_USER(`root')dnl

and then you can force the sender domain for that server:

dnl # The following example makes mail from this host and any additional
dnl # specified domains appear to be sent from mydomain.com
dnl #
MASQUERADE_AS(`domain.com')dnl
dnl #
dnl # masquerade not just the headers, but the envelope as well
dnl #
FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
dnl #

HTH