[clug-talk] Slightly OT Power usage

Jason Louie jason.k.louie at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 16:11:41 PST 2004

Not to be hijacking the thread but UPS has been mentioned several
times in this thread.  Anyone know of any issues with getting used UPS
does anyone know where I might be able to get one cheap, (VFXWeb
doesn't have any on their site)?

Back on topic... Would there be a significant difference with a duel
processor system than with a single one?  For my IPCop system I've
gone as far as removing the CD-ROM since I've heard that that can also
drain power.  What part of the computer would use the most power?  The
CPU?  The power supply?  The HDD?

Also is there a big diffrence with older systems than with new ones?