[clug-talk] Slightly OT Power usage

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Fri Nov 19 15:06:16 PST 2004

er, before someone else says it, I'm not expecting a great deal of up time
when the power goes out.  The UPS was put in after a power fluctuation fried
a power supply.  So the purpose of this UPS is to protect the server from the
somewhat unstable power coming into the building, not keep the servers
running.

That said though, another UPS (probably a 700VA) will be purchased in the not
too distant future.

Shawn