[clug-talk] How do we make our meetings better?

Kevin Anderson list-server at myrealbox.com
Fri Nov 19 14:45:09 PST 2004

On Wednesday 17 November 2004 16:58, Niels Voll wrote:
> * ask the meeting content question more often on the mailing list, like
> for example (note the difference between presentation and discussion,
> since on some topics I would rather listen to someone who knows more
> than me, and on other topics I would like to exchange ideas with peers)
>     --  "what topic would you like to hear a presentation on?"
>     -- "what topic would you like to have a discussion with your peers
> from the group?"

This is a great idea.  Though there may not be any particular subject taught,
things will be learnt.  I mean in discussing a Gentoo install, someone on the
list mentioned that it was the first time they had heard of Distcc (or
icecream)

One of the biggest "fun" aspects of computing is finding new things to learn
and play with.  Open, unstructured discussion promotes that.

Kev.