[clug-talk] Slightly OT Power usage

Jason Louie jason.k.louie at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 10:52:49 PST 2004

With the current costs of utilities I'm getting more and more
concerned with power consumption of a computer.  I've looked into this
before but never found a good answer.

Problem:  Currently I am running P90 running IPCop and 2 servers at
home, (one web server P200 and one file server P233.)  I also have a
Win2000 computer that is on 90% of the time.

My IPCop and two servers are always on and I usually have the monitor
turned off with these machines.

I've tried messuring the ampage but don't want to power down the
systems and I don't have the tools for it.

Does anyone know how much power a system would consume?  How much
would this cost a month given residential rates in Calgary?

(I believe this was brought up before in a thread concerning IPCop vs
over the counter routers.)

Thx.