[clug-talk] Microsoft to Sue linux users

s. keeling keeling at spots.ab.ca
Thu Nov 18 10:48:24 PST 2004

Incoming from Jason Louie:

> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 08:22:45 -0700, Dany Allard <dany.allard at trema.com> wrote:
> > Is it not enough that SCO is a pain...
> > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/11/18/ballmer_linux_lawsuits/
>
> Once again Microsoft flexes their muscles.  I see as propaganda to
> drive fear into those who are considering switching to Linux and I
> only hope they only get that far.  However the outcome of this could
> be big if MS succeeds in pursuading the WTO in their favour.  With the

If anyone ever wanted a succinct definition of "FUD", this is it.  How
anyone could support a company that stoops to behaviour like this, I'll
never know.

   As Rob Glaser, a former Microsoft exec, told Time magazine [in
   2001], Gates is "relentless. He's Darwinian. He doesn't look for
   win-win situations with others, but for ways to make others
   lose. Success is defined as flattening the competition, not
   creating excellence."

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling      Please don't Cc: me.
- -