[clug-talk] Advocate Linux. A Lug is born:

s. keeling keeling at spots.ab.ca
Thu Nov 18 10:01:07 PST 2004

Incoming from Shawn:
> Why not try to find other LUGs that may not have the connectivity we get to
> enjoy, and send to them?  (sounds like South Africa has a head start now,

I really think this is the way to go.  As I mentioned to Jarrod
(off-list), there used to be a website that took details from
potential donors and people who wanted stuff, but that just sort of
disappeared when places like CheapBytes started sending out CDs for a
buck.  Now, the developing nations with poor connectivity should
produce a market for this, if we can somehow get in contact with them.

I'd love to see a network of this sort start up again.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling      Please don't Cc: me.
- -