[clug-talk] Gentoo 2004.3 is out, and here I am compiling 2004.2

Ian Bruseker ian.bruseker at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 08:21:22 PST 2004

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:27:37 -0700, Kevin Anderson
<list-server at myrealbox.com> wrote:
> OTOH, I had a P-200 laptop with 32 megs RAM, and each stage took about 36
> hours.  I didn't bother trying KDE.

That was my very first experience with Gentoo, probably 2 years ago
(Gentoo 1.2, perhaps?) - a P266 laptop with 96 megs of RAM.  And yes,
I did bother with KDE.  After about a week of watching it compile I
shut it down and found something else to do.  ;-)  But now that I'm
trying it on a machine that's at least marginally useful it's a much
better experience and I'm learning much more.

Ian