[clug-talk] Tar file

Michael Petch mpetch at capp-sysware.com
Thu Nov 18 02:45:46 PST 2004

After dealing with oracle on Linux platforms it is funny, I concluded
that ORACLE has poor dependency and installation support - and I don't
fault Redhat for the way Oracle is shipped/distributed.

Why not go ask all the software suppliers? (oracle etc). Maybe they
should reconsider how their software is installed.

I saw a message about sand boxing. That is the method I recommend if
your dealing with Oracle. Can be as easy as using chroot on some
distros.

Mike