[clug-talk] Advocate Linux. A Lug is born:

bogi khangyi at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 17 20:12:40 PST 2004

Needless to say, they also used nuke and the (cracker) that did them in was
the same as one of ours btw. The same guy :-)
They seem to be around for some time, maybe a year, very intresting to look at
them , and see the issues they are facing. I think it is the combination of a
more secure platform (website) and frequent backups that would ultimately
prove a better solution. Also the full controll over the hosting server is
not an insignificant factor in the level of security achievable and the speed
of the recovery.
As i read on, it seems the biggest problem is the unavailability of distros,
maybe even related to bandwidth and connectivity problems. Also read the
forums they have, go into the helpme section ... see they had difficulty
installing in some cases, found mandrake to be too simple and ended up
installing suse ... humm.
Cheers
Szemir