[clug-talk] Gentoo 2004.3 is out, and here I am compiling 2004.2

Ian Bruseker ian.bruseker at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 12:58:43 PST 2004

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 11:25:50 -0700, Kevin Anderson
<list-server at myrealbox.com> wrote:
> I suspect that you'll have compiled all the latest stuff anyway, and there
> will be no need to even emerge -u world to move to the new release.

You were right.  Thanks.  After "emerge system" was done I checked and
emerge couldn't find anything else to do.  After that, however, I
pointed /etc/make.profile to the new 2004.3 release profile (what that
means is described here for those who want to know:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-upgrading.xml), and then it came
up with a few packages to update and 4 to remove.  Yes, I know this
isn't strictly necessary, but since it was a clean install anyway, I
thought I'd do it anyway and see what happened.  Now I feel really
up-to-date.  :-)

Ian