[clug-talk] Tar file

Ian Bruseker ian.bruseker at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 12:38:32 PST 2004

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 12:54:30 -0700, Nick W <nickw77 at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Doesn't RH have URPMI or is that strictly Mandrake? At any rate, URPMI is
> often a pain to find a decent working mirror.

You're thinking Mandrake.  Fedora uses yum (I assume RedHat proper
uses their own RedHat network), which I've found to be quite capable
when I've used it, and Fedora mirrors seem quite well spread out so
it's not hard to find a fast one (U of C, U of A and Telus all have
mirrors of the updates at the very least if not the whole OS).  I
agree about the urpmi mirrors speeds - the best mirrors all seem to be
in Europe, which isn't too handy over this side of the pond.  ;-)

Ian