[clug-talk] Tar file

Goran Poprzen poprzen at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 16 20:51:41 PST 2004

On November 16, 2004 07:35 pm, s. keeling wrote:
> [iii]Firefox installs are well known[iv] for stepping on/blowing away
>      working Mozilla installs.  You do want to keep all your old
>      Mozilla bookmarks and settings, just in case Firefox blows up and
>      doesn't work, right?
>
> [iv] This may since have been fixed.

You are right [iv], no worries about [iii]. I'm running SuSE 9.0, default was
Mozilla 1.4. Beside this, I installed Firefox 0.8 and 1.0PR, both as a user
(not root!) in my home directory. Actually, 1.0PR installs in the very same
directory where you unpacked it. In this case, ~/firefox-installer.
Start browser with ~/firefox-installer/firefox and/or make Link to Application
on the desktop (KDE).
Only problem what I noticed so far is that there is a case when you can not
run both browsers at the same time. If you start firefox first, starting
mozilla only opens new firefox window. If you start mozilla first, then you
can start firefox without problems (both browsers are there).

Cheers,
Goran

--
HOW YOU CAN TELL THAT IT'S GOING TO BE A ROTTEN DAY:

	#32: You call your answering service and they've never heard of
	     you.