[clug-talk] Suggestion Box

Niels Voll nvoll at voho.com
Fri Nov 12 17:14:24 PST 2004

Was the anonymous suggestion box requested by members, or was this idea
internally generated by the executive as a "good idea"?

To be quite honest, the concept of an anonymous suggestion box in a
community of open source people totally surprised me. I didn't think
anything like this would be needed. For example, if I wanted to make
anonymous contact, I could easily sign up to Yahoo mail or something
like that to send an "anonymous" email.. So I wasn't (and I'm still not)
sure, what problem is being solved.

So I'm not suggesting that Jarrod code some more PHP to make the
suggestion box process transparent, yet spam, profanity and hacker proof
- I'm more wondering why bother with a suggestion box at all.

Jarrod Major wrote:

> <><snip>The clug-talk list disappearing was a curious, disturbing
> coincidence. </snip>

... it sure was, especially since the message announcing the suggestion
box was the very last message, before the list went away.- I was just
about to suggest changing the CLUG logo to
http://www.linuxfrench.net/IMG/art864-1.jpg   </joke>

   :)

...Niels