[clug-talk] Calgary ISP Comparison

Tomas Florian tflorian at telus.net
Fri Nov 12 15:21:55 PST 2004

Hi,

I had Shaw a long time ago (3 years) and the reason I stopped using it was
because of the variable speed (sometime slow sometime fast) and it seemed to
depend on what my neighbors were doing.  If they were downloading heavily
they took all the bandwidth.  Some of my clients who used Shaw also seemed
to have experienced this.  Has Shaw taken care of this issue by using a
traffic shaper on their routers?

Thanks,
Tomas