[clug-talk] FC3 on 64b System...

Kevin Anderson list-server at myrealbox.com
Fri Nov 12 12:32:06 PST 2004

Not sure (don't care) about FC, but with Gentoo, and Suse, the answer would be
3.  I'd bet money that the answer will be the same for FC.

Having said that though, keep in mind, this will depend on your architecture.
My AMD 64 can run either 64 or 32 bit code.  If you have an Itanium, this
likely won't run the 32 bit stuff.  If you have a P4, it won't run the 64 bit
stuff.  If you have a Xeon with 64 bit support, I'd guess that it will work
similar to the AMD but at twice the cost and half the speed.

How's that for an email which answers the question and TOTALLY reeks of
personal bias.

Kev.