[clug-talk] Calgary ISP Comparison

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Thu Nov 11 23:46:15 PST 2004

I recently switched up to the SOHO package on Shaw, and added 2 static IP
addresses.  The bare bones SOHO is approx $65/month, and allows up to 5
dynamic IPs (I think), and offers better up/download speeds than the more
common residential package.  They say there is an upper bandwidth limit of 15
GB per month.  Adding the Static IPs costs an extra $20 per month, and each
static IP after that is an additional $10/per month - of course, once you hit
8 or so, you're probably better off with a different package.

I did some research into Nucleus some time back, and I believe they offer a
decent DSL package at approx $80/month with 8 static IPs.  (unfortunately,
we've decided the house doesn't need a phone line - we all have cells - so
DSL is not an option for me - new house, and no physical line coming into the
house).

HTH

Shawn