[clug-talk] SuSE 9.2 cut and paste

s. keeling keeling at spots.ab.ca
Fri Dec 31 19:37:08 PST 2004

Incoming from Marcel A. Lecker:

> That helped me narrow it down quite a bit. I'm going to have to fiddle
> with /etc/X11/xorg.conf a little to map it the way I'm used to having

Try looking into Xmodmap.  That'll redefine the order for you.  I saw
recent versions of X insisting I do something goofy like:

  pointer = 3 2 1 5 6

instead of my usual:

  pointer = 3 2 1

to change my three button (not six) mouse to left-handed.  Put that
line in ~/.xmodmap and make sure .xinitrc or .xsession does something
with it:

   usermodmap=$HOME/.xmodmap
   if [ -f $usermodmap ]; then
     xmodmap $usermodmap