[clug-talk] Linux Proxy server in Novell Network

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Wed Dec 29 11:06:07 PST 2004

The short answer is Yes.

However, the specifics may take a bit of work.  Dropping a new proxy server
onto a network should only be a matter of making sure the IP configurations
are set properly (on the server, and the clients).  If you want the new proxy
to still go through BorderManager, then you'll need to determine how to make
this happen at an IP level (maybe just set the gateway on the new server to
the BorderManager server, and the gateway on the workstations to point at the
new server).  This becomes a matter of how your network is setup.

Disclaimer:  I'm not familiar with Novell's BorderManager at all.....  But I
have seen and heard of many networks with different technologies being
"merged" into an overall system through the creative use of IP networking....

Shawn