[clug-talk] Best ways to secure a limited user account?

unleashed unleashed at unleashedgamers.com
Thu Dec 9 18:40:44 PST 2004

The Reason I ask is because i think it changes through the age levels,
like my bro (age 15) uses Linux like he would windows he doesn't really
know the difference except in looks (i put gnome on his box) if they are
real young (3-6) I would let them have there own passwords (really
simple like "abc" once they get used to it then they have to upgrade
there pass to a longer one and so on

as for the computer being locked down i wouldn't worry about they doing
anything that could harm the computer or would need a chrooted
environment all they will know how to do is what you show them.

If you want to turn this into a learning experience i would recommend
trying everything and everything you find to "secure" it and make the
user notice as minimal as possible.

Travis R.

P.S. you are going to have a GUI right?