[clug-progsig] [Way OT] Don't buy gas Sept 1st

Frank fledderhof at telus.net
Sat Aug 27 19:24:36 PDT 2005

I know this is waaaaaaaaaaay off-topic, but it sounds too good not to
pass on!  I suggest we do it on a regular basis until the oil companies
get a grip or the government steps in with price controls.

Please no flaming!!   (I said it was OT!)  LOL

Frank

Subject: don't buy gas Sept 1st

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN CANADA DID NOT PURCHASE A
DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES
WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.  AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE
ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4 TO 6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH
AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE SEPTEMBER 1ST HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR
@$$  DAY" AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF
GASOLINE THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY
PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT. WAITING
ON THIS ADMINISTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS
NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB
NATIONS PROMISED WEEKS AGO?
REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT
THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING
COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON
EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING
MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY,
WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.
SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU
KNOW.  MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE SEPTEMBER 1ST A DAY THAT THE
CITIZENS OF CANADA SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH".

PLEASE FORWARD THIS ON TO EVERYONE YOU CAN!!!

--
When you harbor bitterness, happiness will
dock elsewhere.