[clug-progsig] C Question about using fork() in Linux

Reno L llgg_716_2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 19:46:22 PDT 2004

--- Irvin Shizgal <irvins at alumni.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> If you are a beginning programmer just learning C
> (which your question strongly suggests) then I'd
> advise not messing with fork() until you are more
> advanced. A beginner would be way out of his depth
> here.

Appreciate your suggestion. The reason why I need
figure out the process part is I took use of Rational
Rose Real-Time associate with C to do my researching
on Bluetooth in Queen's University. As a UML Case
tool, Rational Rose RT takes care everything including
process and thread, it make me save tons of time on
programming and forcus on how to implement protocol
suites of Bluetooth and 802.11.
However, the market looks like, is not accepting Rose
RT in the real time industry so far. I have to go back
through the "process" and "thread" in C and try to
land a job here. I have to start from the level of
fork(), since I know something about C already.
If, anyone, suggest me a real time company who is
using Rational Rose RT, would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
reno