[clug-progsig] clug-progsig website
sgrover at open2space.com
Thu Aug 26 20:55:56 PDT 2004
At our meeting tonight there were a few questions regarding our website, and
those coding tasks to help people learn new languages. I promised to post
the links to what we have thus far. So....
Here's a link to the home page page we did up at one point. It needs some
work, but I think it's a good first crack. You'll note from the first
paragraph that some info is a bit dated now...
With regards to programming tasks, we have two to begin with, but do not yet
have a web page for them. I've pasted them below for comments/review. If
you have any suggestions on a task to expand the list, let us know. However,
please keep in mind that the idea is to be language independent, and help
(newer) programmers learn the basics, or certain tasks.
Task # 1
Allow the user to enter three variables (i.e. a, b, and c). Determine what a
* b is, and what b * c is.
Also determine the sum of these two answers. Output the 3 results to the
- Programmer will need to determine the basic structure of the chosen
- Programmer will learn how to use variables.
- Programmer will learn how to permform operations on variables.
- Programmer will learn how to accept input from a user.
- Programmer will learn a basic method to display data to the user.
Task # 2
Write a program that will guess a person's age. Display each guess to the
user, and ask them if it is correct, too high, or two low.
- Programmer will learn conditional logic.
- Programmer will learn one or more loop methods.
- Programmer will learn to accept input from the user.
*Added challenge: Make the program guess the correct age in the fewest number
More information about the clug-progsig